Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sun and Chimp Haven

I got Sydney enrolled in Pre-K on Friday. I hope she's ready. I hope I am ready! She has a screening next Tuesday but I am not worried about it. I am worried about how to do all these things when I have jury duty next week and don't know my schedule.

There's a group of trees the kids love to climb in the middle of our cul de sac and Jonas is getting good at it too.






Chimp Haven is a great reserve south of town that is only open to the public on Discovery Days and Saturday. Earth Day, was one of them. We went with Liam and Scarlett and these guys are so cute to see hang out together. Jonas started pumping his arms when he saw Liam and Scarlett and threw himself on the ground in his excitement. And then was a great ball of energy for everything else too! O.o

First there was a hayride from the parking lot to the reserve entrance.




This is Liam being a chicken.


Then, the chimpanzees were across this small pond from us. We even got to hear them make some loud cries.


They also had some fun handouts for the kids like pine tree saplings and tattoos. 




Today is just another lazy Sunday afternoon and Sydney asked Dad to let her run through the sprinklers.




No comments: