Sunday, May 22, 2011

You so funny!

Brian and I often talk in funny accents and this is one of Brian's favorite things to say with a Chinese accent.

Brian finds it strange how worked up I get about coupons sometime and this last week I told him, "when a coupon dies (i.e. expires), it hurts!" I'm not an extreme couponer by any means (have you seen that show?!!) but when I find a good deal, I try to take advantage of it.

Oh, (by the way, this is my random post) Sydney is such a Daddy's girl! Sometimes it has to be Dad that does it, Mommy can't do it. I have Dad to thank for Sydney always wanting to play monsters. "Hide!" she'll say with her big eyes and shocked face! "Monsters!" She'll also look out the window and say, "The sun is going down". Apparently, Dad would tell her that to let her know it was bed time while I was gone. (Which by the way, she is getting into an amazing going to bed routine. I'm astounded!). I just tell Brian all the time that she's his little clone!

Don't think me a bad parent but I already have her addicted to an anime. Which one? Inu Yasha? But hey, before you get upset, I have NO idea why she wants to watch it with me. It's in Japanese. I watch it with subtitles. but she still watches it with me. And requests it. must be the monsters. thank you dad.

The other day, I had a water bottle at the table and I left for a minute and came back to find a puddle on the table with Sydney right there. I knew she had done it. She LOVES dumping out water and playing with it. Not my favorite habit of hers. So, I send her to time out. I come to check on her and without me saying anything she says, "Mommy, I'm sorry I spilled your water." Ticket for getting out of time-out granted! I was so touched! How cute!!

All in all, life is going well with these two kiddos. Every day is fun and a new adventure.

No comments: