Sunday, May 22, 2011

San Francisco

2 days after Easter I found out my sister Nicole (my 2nd oldest sister, who's 4 years older than me) was in the hospital with liver failure and things did not look good. I found out late Tuesday night and by Wednesday morning decided I had to go see her. So I bought a plane ticket for the next day and took Jonas with me. My family was not sure she would survive. I have to admit I don't think the reality of how serious her condition was really fazed me. It was impossible to think of my sister not being here.


When I first visited her, she was very lethargic and out of it. It was hard to see her that way but I was glad that I had come to see her.

I stayed in San Francisco for about 1 week and stayed with my parents and Nicole's two sons while there. Nicole is doing a lot better now but the liver failure caused her kidneys to fail as well so she is on dialysis and has that procedure done 3x a week. My family is still praying for her and hoping for the best.

This trip marked the first time my parents had met Jonas so that was something to be happy about. I haven't seen my parents since last July either so it was nice to spend some time with them, even with the fears and anxiety over Nicole hanging over our heads. I'm just glad it was not the last time I will see her.

Jonas with Aunt Tessa

Jonas with Gma!

Family Photo! (You have got to love Ross' curly hair!)

And here is a picture of my sister. You can see how sick she is. That's the Bilirubin making her appear so yellow.

Love you Nicole and pray for your recovery!

No comments: