Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hello all!

Hi. I guess I thought I might try out this "blogging" thing. I have avoided having a blog for so long but I think I will give it a try. I chose Tuck Everlasting as the title of my blog because of the reference to the book and movie and my last name. My husband and I have begun our eternal family and so that is why I have us as everlasting.
My husband is currently a Senior at BYU-Idaho. He is studying Business Management with an emphasis in Supply-Chain management. He can tell you more about that subject. He is also an avid XBOX player and particularly enjoys HALO. He also enjoys shooting real guns and his favorite targets are gophers. Raised in Alabama, he is a southern boy with an American Standard accent. Brian is very gentle, caring, thoughtful and humble. He sets high standards for himself as a friend and is an excellent cook. I adore him.
I am currently a teacher at a Juvenile Correction Center in St. Anthony, ID. I enjoy my job because I am the boss :) But, I miss teaching Math everyday and wish I could do more fun activities with the students I work with. But I see their successes and share in their joy. I also teach Chinese students English over the Internet. It is usually about 5 hours a week and sometimes just talking. I have been doing it for almost 2 years now and I like it a lot. I am also learning some Mandarin slowly.
Brian and I are expecting our first child in September. We couldn't be more thrilled! We know that life will be drastically different but it is hard to imagine right now.
Well, I hope that you find this informative. I think I could make it a habit to blog more often.
Til next I rant.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hooray for another blogger to add to my list! And an even bigger hooray for the baby on the way!Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. =)